After 64-bit processors inclusion in iPhone 5S by Apple, Samsung is next to follow the league. Samsung has announced that its next smartphone will be supported by 64-bit processors.
For taking the benefit of 64-bit processors in Samsung Galaxy phones, the Android Operating System will be required to be updated first.
The Coalition for Fair Internet Pricing lobby group has recently revealed that broadband users in New Zealand face being taxed at least $600 million by the Government; and added that the entire tax amount will to privately-owned monopoly Chorus.
On Tuesday, video game developer Valve announced a new `Steam Family Sharing' program, under which a total of up to 10 Steam accounts will be able to share one single library of digital PC games.
In an announcement made at the Microsoft TechEd conference in Auckland this week, Paul Muckleston - Microsoft New Zealand general manager - revealed that nearly 27,000 charities in New Zealand are now eligible for free Office 365 software.
According to several recent reports, Microsoft is apparently set to unveil the next-generation versions of both its Surface tablet models - the Surface Pro and the Surface RT - towards the end of September.
Designer Dave Hakkens, from The Netherlands, has come up with the concept of a completely modular phone - `Phonebloks' - which can be upgraded by the users as and when they want to beef up their devices with new, more recent features.
Good News USA
- AT&T closes its $1.2 billion acquisition of Leap Wireless
- Verizon announces new AllSet prepaid plans with rollover feature
- AT&T selects two trial locations to transition landline customers away from copper wire line
- Vodafone Foundation launches Instant Network Mini ‘mobile network in a backpack’
- Brunswick and South Morang phone and Internet users being urged to switch to NBN