Daylight Saving Time (DST) will start on the second Sunday in March at 2 am and end on the first Sunday of November. This means people will have to set their clocks one hour before for the change.
During the course of his speech at the South by Southwest Interactive (SXSW) event on Friday, Google's Eric Schmidt talked about the government's surveillance methods; and said that Google's data is now protected from any kind of government snooping.
Enterprise mobile collaboration leader harmon. ie has revealed in a Friday announcement that that its enterprise collaboration app for Office 365 has bagged the inaugural Microsoft SharePoint Conference 2014 App Award for best international application.
In a Thursday ruling, U. S. District Judge Lucy Koh in San Jose, California, rejected - for the second time - Apple's request for a ban on over 20 Samsung smartphones which were the at-dispute devices in the first Apple-Samsung U. S. patent trial in 2012. The Samsung smartphones on which Apple is seeking a ban are, incidentally, no longer on the market.
On Thursday, Dell announced its new kids-proof 'Education Series' laptops --- Latitude 13. The new laptop series essentially comprises education-centric notebooks which boast a sturdy build, to withstand rough handling by kids.
The highly-awaited update to Windows 8.1 operating system had leaked to the web early; that too by Microsoft itself, via Windows Update. The official release of the Windows 8.1 update to the general public is scheduled for early April.
Good News USA
- Verizon announces new AllSet prepaid plans with rollover feature
- AT&T selects two trial locations to transition landline customers away from copper wire line
- Vodafone Foundation launches Instant Network Mini ‘mobile network in a backpack’
- Brunswick and South Morang phone and Internet users being urged to switch to NBN
- BT gets CAT to review its 2012 decision on BSkyB’s sports pricing policy