Morrison Defends Criticism on New Immigration Policy
The charge of keeping the opposition MPs in the dark, regarding coalition’s announcement of a new immigration policy, is being denied by Senior Liberal Scott Morrison. This had come up as a modified approach to get strict over the boat arrivals; but due to lack of consultation, there are many members within the coalition ranks, who are criticizing the same.
The fact that the policy wasn’t run by the party room, brought the charges of being cruel and inhumane because of this new plan. These statements were raised by a couple of discontented Liberals. In defense, the opposition’s spokesman Mr. Morrison said that during a Backbench Policy Committee in February, the dissidents were consulted about the new plan.
He also quipped that while the discussion was being held with them, there was a 100% support for the policy. This was scheduled to call back the Howard-era Pacific Solution Policy, in addition to the establishment of offshore detention centers.
This debate continued when, Malcolm Turnbull, former Liberal leader called for a more vivacious discussion over the policy at the next party room. He demanded for clarity of ideas on how exactly, will the execution of this plan work.
- Hyundai announces battery leasing accord to trim down EV prices, coordinate reuse
- Samsung SDI to invest $849 million to expand EV battery plant in Hungary
- Pennsylvania Lottery on track to break revenue record: Drew Svitko
- Frigid temperatures & ice storms force Oklahoma Cherokee casinos to close again
- Former Las Vegas 311 Boyz gang member & his girlfriend nabbed in Idaho