Nine arrested after school fight in Lower Hutt
After a Hutt High School student was attacked on a college sports field, nine people have been arrested.
It should be mentioned here that the three adults and six youth aged 14-17, who were not associated with college and have been charged with unlawful assembly. They will appear in court tomorrow.
Following a series of fights, which broke out just before 3pm, more than a dozen officers arrived at a spot.
During the violent fight, a cut was received by one female student after a rock was thrown at her.
It was confirmed by inspector Geoff Gwyn; Lower Hutt Police Response Manager that group confronted a student about a previous altercation involving a friend.
Mr. Gwyn said, "The group had been told to leave the college grounds earlier this morning but returned this afternoon and sought out the student. Scuffles broke out after 30 or so students went to aid their schoolmate."
- Fully vaccinated gamblers no longer need to wear face mask inside Nevada casinos
- Development of web resources
- Hyundai’s luxury brand Genesis to make European debut with launch of Electrified G80
- Canoo seeks patent to protect modular & customizable EV platform architecture
- Democratic Senator Tom Carper wants Biden administration to ban gas-powered cars by 2035