SsangYong announces new vehicles plan for next five years
During a recent presentation to Australian journalists in South Korea, automaker SsangYong shared some pertinent information about its plans for the vehicles it intends to launch in the period between 2019 and 2024.
The presentation by Ssang Yong has come a few months ahead of the brand’s scheduled relaunch in South Korea in November 2018. Earlier this decade, the Ssang Yong fell into receivership and faced bankruptcy, but Indian giant Mahindra saved the company by purchasing it.
In its recently-held presentation, the Ssang Yong told Australian journalists that it plans to launch two new-generation SUV models as well as an MPV product in the mentioned time period. In addition, the automaker also revealed that it has efforts underway to also launch an electric-powered crossover and dual-cab ute (or pick-up).
The disclosure by SsangYong implies that the company may possibly be the first automaker to bring a battery-powered dual-cab ute to the market.
According to the details revealed by Ssang Yong, the company’s dual-cab ute will be a Musso-sized electric vehicle which is presently in an “advanced work for 2024” stage. About the electric ute, Dan RIM -- Executive Director of Exports at Ssang Yong -- said: “We’re still developing this concept [but] I think we’re launching around 2023, it’s changing but it depends on the different country’s regulations.”
- What You Should Consider While Choosing the Best CBD Products?
- Virginia’s Hard Rock Bristol Casino proposal receives positive feedback from area residents
- Illinois Senate Approves Chicago Casino Plan
- Wynn Resorts Casino earns high marks for enhanced sexual misconduct policies in Massachusetts
- Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak sets June 4 as Target date for reopening of Casinos