Power Outage at Carowinds Lead to Riders Getting Stuck on Rides
Enjoying rides at amusement parks can be enjoyable but getting stuck due to power outage is a different story. On Thursday, intermittent power failures at Carowinds amusement park, located on the border between North and South Carolina caused people to get stuck on many of the rides in the evening.
A Carowinds spokesperson confirmed the power outages at the park but did not confirm the riders getting stuck. Later at night, at 9:45 p. m., the officials of the park confirmed that power interruption led to stoppages in the rides.
Riders of the Windseeker ride were stuck in the air and most were not too pleased with their experience.
The statement from the park officials read, "Around 8 pm this evening, there was a power failure at Carowinds. As a result, there was a partial power outage in the park. Several rides were stopped and safely evacuated. We are currently lowering WindSeeker to the ground. As always, the safety of our guests and associates is our highest priority."
Charlotte firefighters were on stand-by when the maintenance workers at the park lowered the rides "manually due to malfunction." The medic also said one unit was kept in the park as standby but there were no reported injuries.
- Nikola Motors puts hydrogen fuel-cell semi truck Badger project on back burner
- BMW expands vehicle recall over battery issue to more than 4,500 U.S. plug-in hybrids
- Karma Automotive announces attractive price tag & unique features for upcoming GSe-6 electric sedan
- Twin River acquires iconic Bally’s brand from Caesars Entertainment for $20 million
- Wynn Resorts’ Encore to close for 3 days a week due to low demand