Elon Musk Offers More Information on Tunnels Project for Solving Traffic Congestion
Billionaire investor and Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk has been talking about solving Los Angeles traffic problems by digging tunnels. Musk has said that by making tunnels, the issues related to traffic congestion in major cities can be solved but tunneling is quite expensive. It is yet to be seen how Musk can use technology and innovation in reducing the cost for tunneling in big cities. Musk’s plan has been questioned by many in terms of feasibility.
Musk clarified last week that he isn’t sure how he and his team can do it. But he complained about traffic issues and said that technology experts should come forward to solve it. As per Wired magazine, Musk has put in some effort to dig 30 feet wide and 50 feet long tunnel at Los Angeles headquarters of SpaceX. Musk said that it is beginning of the experiment.
“You have tall buildings, they’re all 3D, and then everyone wants to go into the building and leave the building at a same time,” Musk said. “On a 2D road network, that obviously doesn’t work, so you have to go 3D either up or down. And I think probably down.”
Musk has been successful in bringing a major change in space travel industry. He has also been able to bring Tesla vehicles for people aiming to reducing their carbon footprint by using electric cars.
“We have no idea what we’re doing — I want to be clear about that,” Musk said.
“Without tunnels, we will all be in traffic hell forever,” he said. “I really do think tunnels are the key to solving urban gridlock. Being stuck in traffic is soul-destroying.”
- Del Lago Casino’s furloughed worker creates petition to reopen as operator planning to lay off over 1,000 staff
- Oklahoma will have to bear cost of poorly negotiated gaming compact deal with Native American tribes: Governor Stitt
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries