Car crashes with a truck on Kaimai Range
Police officials in Tauranga are advising motorists to avoid State Highway 29 over the Kaimai Range following a crash involving a car and a truck.
Reports showed that one person has life-threatening head injuries and another has serious injuries after a car and truck collided just before 2.14pm on Friday. Two occupants of the car have moderate injuries while the condition of the truck driver is unknown. The authorities closed the road but a single lane has been reopened in order to allow east and westbound traffic. However, the police is warning motorists to consider significant delays on the route.
Senior Sergeant Ian Campion said, "My advice to motorists heading from Waikato to Tauranga or the western Bay of Plenty is to take an alternative route. From Waikato, take SH5 to Rotorua, then State Highway 36 to Tauranga. Alternatively, you can take State Highway 2 through Waihi to Tauranga. Drivers travelling from Tauranga to Waikato can take the opposite routes."
The person trapped in the car after the crash was rescued and is being treated by ambulance in the afternoon. The Ambulance was also treating two other patients at the site of the crash on the intersection of Poripori Rd and SH29. The fire services were assisting police with road closure.
- Leading investment bank ‘unsure’ about upcoming Resorts World Las Vegas Casino’s success
- California Supreme Court ruling paves way for tribal casino near Madera
- Drew Las Vegas Casino arsonist sentenced to five years in federal prison
- Months-long Casino closures could impact New York State’s schools, cities with budget crisis
- More Younger People visiting Atlantic City Casinos during Covid-19 pandemic