Virgin Atlantic’s 747-400 series Jumbo Jet Lady Penelope Up for Sale
Lady Penelope which has served Virgin Atlantic's fleet for twenty five years is up for sale on eBay. The 747-400 series jumbo jet which joined the airline in 1994 could be bought for about $US299, 000, at least that is the one bid which the aircraft has.
The plane is stationed at the Arizona airplane graveyard since the time it made its last commercial flight from JFK to Heathrow last year in September.
Although there is only one bid for Lady Penelope but the number of visitors on the page are a huge 2000 views every hour.
The Boeing 747 jumbo jet has its engines removed but otherwise is in one piece with its three hundred and fifty seats and the "flying lady" logo intact on the tail.
Concord Aerospace is the seller and apologized for delayed responses due to the "extreme high demand".
Whoever buys it would have to pay for shipping if they want it delivered because it's not included in the price. The retired aircraft cannot re-enter service but holds other options for the buyer who can convert it into a hotel accommodation, restaurant or even a unique apartment for living.
- Virginia lawmakers remain committed to ban Skill Games next year
- Long-time employee Mary Harville becomes Kentucky Lottery’s first female CEO
- iSoftBet’s much-anticipated new Western Gold Megaways video slot launched fully
- Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority to acquire Las Vegas Monorail for over $24 million
- Leading investment bank ‘unsure’ about upcoming Resorts World Las Vegas Casino’s success