New Zealand Kiwifruit Growers have a Bumper Season
The kiwi fruit growers in New Zealand experienced a bumper crop year.
New Zealand's kiwifruit season for the year 2015-16 set new records for the industry. Zespri gave the largest ever total return to the kiwi growers along with the highest recorded green return per hectare. The highest sales volume was recorded by Zespri green and Zespri SunGold kiwifruit both.
Peter McBride, Zespri's chairman said that the total sales revenue increased to touch $1.9 billion for the season which is also a twenty one percent increase compared to the previous season. David Courtney, General manager and grower at Zespri, , said we are selling more and growing more kiwifruit. He said, "This year we returned about 1.1 billion back to those communities where kiwifruit is grown. Places like Te Puke, Katikati, Opotiki, Whakatane."
Mr McBride said, "Zespri sold 131.6 million trays in the 2015/16 season, up 21 percent on the previous season. " He added that the kiwi fruits grown in New Zealand touches sales figure of 117 million trays which is close to twenty two million trays higher than what was sold in the previous year. The sales figure for kiwi fruits not grown in New Zealand were 14.5 million trays.
- Virginia lawmakers remain committed to ban Skill Games next year
- Long-time employee Mary Harville becomes Kentucky Lottery’s first female CEO
- iSoftBet’s much-anticipated new Western Gold Megaways video slot launched fully
- Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority to acquire Las Vegas Monorail for over $24 million
- Leading investment bank ‘unsure’ about upcoming Resorts World Las Vegas Casino’s success