Who Could be Robert Iger’s Successor? Speculations Suggest Few Names
In recent news that stunned employees as well as outsiders Disney announced that it's COO and heir apparent to chief executive officer Bob Iger was leaving
With Tom Staggs now out of the scene, analysts predict that the Walt Disney Co. will now look out for an external candidate who can carry on the success of the company.
The good news is Disney has about twenty seven months time to figure out who would succeed Mr. Iger before he leaves. If he plans to extend his tenure once more it will be better news for the company of course. He is set to retire as CEO in 2018
On Tuesday, an analyst with Nomura Securities , Anthony DiClemente, wrote though the departure of Mr. Staggs meant "very little'' for Disney in the near term. But it was "clearly a setback to the company's efforts to find an adequate successor to Bob Iger (if this is even possible)."
On Monday, Disney announced the impending departure of Staggs, its No. 2 executive effective from May 6. He would however be on the company's payroll till the end of the fiscal year.
Speculation in the entertainment industry has started regarding the likely successors of Mr. Iger. The names include Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook's chief operating officer who is also a Disney board member. Another name that is likely to surface is Steve Burke, an ex-Disney executive who currently manages NBCUniversal at Comcast Corp.
- LG Chem to supply battery cells for Tesla’s Model Y electric SUV in China
- GiG extends sports-betting partnership with North Macedonia casino operator KAK DOO Skopje
- Payment Options for Indian Bettors on Online Casinos Operating in India
- Ohio’s Mahoning Valley Race Course cancels live horse racing for 2 weeks after employee tests positive for Covid-19
- Arcimoto creates new Roadster model by chopping top off 3-wheeled e-car’s top