Year 2008 sees 0.9% growth in NZ population
According to latest Statistics New Zealand figures, the population of New Zealand has reached 4.29 million. There was an increase in the population by just over 39,000 or
0.9% last year compared with more than 41,000, or 1%, in 2007.
Since there was a fall in net migration, the growth in population was lower in 2008 than in 2007.
It would be worth mentioning here that during the previous year, there were nearly 3800 more people who settled in New Zealand than left permanently - down from 2007 when 5,500 more people came to live here than left for good.
The natural increase or more births than deaths were the main reason for the increase in the population growth last year.
- Fully vaccinated gamblers no longer need to wear face mask inside Nevada casinos
- Development of web resources
- Hyundai’s luxury brand Genesis to make European debut with launch of Electrified G80
- Canoo seeks patent to protect modular & customizable EV platform architecture
- Democratic Senator Tom Carper wants Biden administration to ban gas-powered cars by 2035