The Mercedes C 63 AMG Coupe Black Series: at a glance
Black Series of the Mercedes C 63 AMG coupe is the most powerful C-Class model to date, thanks to its 6,208 naturally aspired 6.3-litre V8 engine and 457lb of torque.
Black Series consumes merely 4.2 seconds to sprint from 0 to 60mph, with an electronically limited top speed of 186mph.
In spite of its powerful performance, the car is capable of averaging more than 23 miles per gallon of fuel. Inside, the car has two seats, which underlines its racing lineage; however, rear seats can also be fitted if required.
The car makes use of coilover suspension, a wider track than the standard car, a limited-slip differential, speed-sensitive sports streering plus a 7-speed AMG Speedshift dual-clutch gearbox complete with steering wheel-mounted paddle shift.
The size of its brakes has also been increased and there are six-piston callipers up front.
Unveiling the car, Mercedes-AMG GmbH CEO Ola Källenius said, “The C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series embodies the new AMG brand claim, Driving Performance, like no other AMG model.”
Slated for early 2012, Black Series can come equipped with advanced aerodynamics including an adjustable carbon-fibre rear aerofoil and a tuned front splitter.
Pricing for the new car has so far not disclosed by the manufacturer, but experts believe it to come with a price tag of £80,000-plus.
- Fully vaccinated gamblers no longer need to wear face mask inside Nevada casinos
- Development of web resources
- Hyundai’s luxury brand Genesis to make European debut with launch of Electrified G80
- Canoo seeks patent to protect modular & customizable EV platform architecture
- Democratic Senator Tom Carper wants Biden administration to ban gas-powered cars by 2035