Mercedes-Benz announces 2012 C63 AMG coupe
Mercedes-Benz revealed its 2012 C63 AMG coupe on Sunday, ahead of its official debut at fast-approaching 2011 New York International Auto Show.
Designed to make a style statement, the coupe version of the C63 offers a plethora of high-tech enhancements. The AMG Development Package increases the 6.2-liter V8’s output from 451 to 481 horsepower. It can be propelled to 60mph in merely 4.3 seconds.
The coupe features 18-inch AMG light-alloy wheels, a black diffuser insert and 3 pronounced diffuser fins along with 2 chromed twin tailpipes.
Inside, there is a new dashboard design with an integrated TFT display screen. The interior also features aluminum trim, gloss piano black and leather upholstery. In addition, there is a carbon-fiber trunk lid spoiler plus a leather- finished sports steering wheel.
The coupe will come equipped with five new driver assistance systems, like adaptive high-beam assist, lane keeping assist and blind pot assist. Designed to save fuel, the coupe has a silky 7-speed transmission.
The 2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG coupe will arrive in dealer showrooms in September. Pricing hasn’t yet been revealed.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021