A One-Stop Family Health Centre for Queenstown
Southern health bosses have decided to build a one-stop family health centre instead of building more small hospitals in Queenstown though the Southern District Health Board is not sure whether they should revamp the current hospital site or build a new one at the Remarkables Park development.
Even Queenstown's Remarkables Park Ltd and the Queenstown Medical Centre have confirmed this move saying that they were going ahead with this multimillion-dollar plan for integrated medical services facility on a site at Remarkables Park zoned for Hospitals and Healthcare Services.
This innovative center would contain services like dentist, a diagnostic laboratory and pharmacy and the patients would be referred to in-house general practitioners in case of non-urgent injuries.
The board's Chief Executive Brian Rousseau hoped that this new center would open within two and a half years and it will provide different types of treatment at one location.
On the other hand, angered at this move, Wakatipu Health Trustee and Executive Officer Maria Cole said that this plan had ignored various public concerns.
In addition, she said, “The DHB denies there has been any kind of deal done, but it seems curious that QMC and its partners are proceeding with a multimillion-dollar development at Remarkables Park without some kind of assurity on a commercial basis”.
- Nikola Motors puts hydrogen fuel-cell semi truck Badger project on back burner
- BMW expands vehicle recall over battery issue to more than 4,500 U.S. plug-in hybrids
- Karma Automotive announces attractive price tag & unique features for upcoming GSe-6 electric sedan
- Twin River acquires iconic Bally’s brand from Caesars Entertainment for $20 million
- Wynn Resorts’ Encore to close for 3 days a week due to low demand