Officials believe that JaMichael Brown, who was born on Sunday and weighed 16lbs 1oz at birth, is apparently not only the biggest baby to have been born in Good Shepherd Hospital in Longview, but also probably the biggest baby born in the Texas state!
Though doctors had already told the baby’s mother, Texas native Janet Johnson, that her soon-to-arrive son would be big, the birth of the baby actually came as a really big news for the family --- since 2-feet-long JaMichael, with a 15-inch head and 17-inch chest is nearly the same size as an average 3-6 months old baby.
Interestingly, according to CBS affiliate KYTX-TV, since Johnson had already been told by the doctors about her big baby, she told her friends “to not get any newborn stuff,” when she had a baby shower recently. In fact, she now says that “a lot of his baby clothes will have to go back – they’re too small.”
As per the KYTX report, the reason behind JaMichael’s big size apparently was the fact that Johnson had been diagnosed with gestational diabetes during her pregnancy.
Revealing that baby JaMichael has been placed in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, so as to help him with his breathing and eating, nurse Mary Beth Smith, who helped deliver the baby, said: “It's a beautiful baby, but for health reasons we'd rather not see a baby this large. They can have a little harder time maintaining their blood sugar”!
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki