Consumption of Rare Turtle Leads to Death of Six people
After consuming the endangered hawksbill turtles in the Federated States of Micronesia, six people died and over 90 fell sick last month.
The endangered turtle was served at a feast on the island of Murilo, where many people fell ill after eating the same.
The deaths were caused because of the poisonous substance called biotoxins found in the flesh of turtle, whose affect is incurable, as expressed by Health officials and the World Health Organisation. The form of poisoning is known as chelonitoxism, which cannot be treated.
The death of the six people including four children and the sickness developed by more than 90 people were caused due to eating toxic turtle meat, as confirmed by the Government of Micronesia and the Public Information Office.
In a statement, Government said, "Hawksbill turtles are a species known to cause chelonitoxism and children are particularly vulnerable to the condition". It added that following the deaths, the authorities had advised people not to eat turtles and their eggs. If the consumption of turtles is not barred, there is a possibility of occurrence of a similar event in the future.
Reportedly Twitter has invested in Germany based...Read More
Vancouver based, Canadian developer, Vantage...Read More
In the highly competitive markets and changing...Read More
Life is becoming busier than ever and the food...Read More
A truck driver, who is on trial for an accident...Read More
A container ship sailing around 500km north of New...Read More