Windfarm might make untidy owing landscape
A scenery architect has told the Environment Court in Hastings that putting up 150m high wind turbines on a range south east of Dannevirke would mess up an excellent natural landscape.
The court is making an allowance for an appeal by Contact Energy over a decision last year by three commissioners, to refuse permission for a $500,000,000 wind farm on the Puketoi Range.
Di Lucas gave expert evidence on behalf of rivals of the wind farm. He said that the range is the wrong place to set turbines.
She says the range is the type of landscape which is used to market New Zealand to the world and it has not really altered in more than 100 years,
Pure-bred horse breeder Kevin Taylor who is from Kia Ora Stud says that creation of a wind farm near it could devastate the business.
Mr. Taylor says that horses are easily scared by abrupt noise.
He also adds that 250 trucks passing on a daily basis could outcome in a severe calamity to a horse.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021