The value of Google shares went up on the Wall Street because it was able to post strong quarterly earnings.
The search giant saw the share price go up by $59.88 per share to $600.80. This means a rise of 11.07 per cent during the afternoon trading.
California-based company has also reported a 32 per cent jump in its profits for the period. After this, the net profit of the company has become $2.17 billion. Revenue of the firm has touched $7.29 billion, which is far greater than the Wall Street expectations.
Also what is different is that the search engine for the first time displayed revenue and income from the online display and also mobile businesses. This is being done since it wants to show that it is capable of generating revenue from businesses that are different from its search engine activity.
It was able to generate $2.5 billion from the display advertising while close to one billion dollars were raised from ads on mobile devices. This, said the management, is a show that display and mobile businesses are the newer areas where it is increasing its forte.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki