Mexico TV giant won the legal battle
On Saturday, the Mexican government has announced that result of the auction held in the month of July. And the wireless operator Nextel Mexico has been declared as the winner of this auction. With this announcement, the months-long legal standoff between Nextel Mexico and its competitor has come to an end.
The competitors of the firm had filed a case against it in the court to block this purchase. But finally it was Nextel has won the legal battle. Grupo Iusacell which is the smallest wireless phone operator of Mexico had filed a lawsuit against the accusation.
Gerardo Sanchez, the head of the Communications and Transport Ministry's legal department has said in a press conference that there were cases against the government over this auction and it has won 69 cases.
He has also informed that now no pending cases were there in the court on this auction.
However, there was a consortium formed by Nextel Mexico for this auction that was held in the month of July. A local unit of NII Holdings Inc. ( NIHD), and Mexican media conglomerate Grupo Televisa (TV, TLEVISA.MX) were part of this consortium.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021