The higher spending moviegoers have helped the Cineworld to raise the profits and box office earnings despite of a fall in admission. The people have paid an average price of 4.93 euros per ticket to watch the 3D film Avatar in the first half of the year compared to 4.59 euros in the same time period of last year.
The Cineworld has reported pre-tax profits of 11.8 million euros in the first six months of this year compared to the profit of 11.6 million euros of the same time period of last year.
But the admissions were at a lower rate because of the FIFA World Cup. The first six months of the year was dominated by the blockbuster films like Alice in Wonderland and Avatar which are 3D films. These 3D films have boosted the profit of Cineworld because of their higher ticket prices and result in high box office takings.
As per a survey more than 20% of the earnings of Cineworld came from the 3D films compare to the 8% of last year. This high demand for 3D films has encouraged film makers to make more 3D films.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki