President Barack Obama recently said in a weekly radio address released on Aug 7 that the approved healthcare reform law by him has begun delivering benefits to Medicare beneficiaries.
The President first brought up a report which was issued by the Medicare Trustees saying that the solvency of Medicare can be now extended up to 12 years. President obama said that it has happened due to his healthcare reform.
Another note was released last week on medicare. gov wherein Don Berwick MD, administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services said that in the year 2009 about 46.3 million people used $509 billion with each enrollee given $11,743 on average.
The expenses on Medicare in the previous year show 3.5 percent of Gross Domestic Product. Medical expenditures in total account for 16 percent of GDP as per early reports. The medical expenses will shoot up to one in every five dollars spent in the United States.
The President also said, “We've made medicare more solvent by going after waste, fraud, and abuse - not by changing seniors guaranteed benefits.”
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki