Brian Blessed, 73, has reportedly signed a deal with TomTom, a sat nav Company. He is said to have recorded almost 57 basic commands required while driving together with six special catchphrases.
‘Dive, my Hawkmen, dive!’ has been re-recorded as ‘Drive, Hawkmen, drive’ and Gordon's alive!’ as ‘Gordon's arrived!’ And the drivers will now hear him shouting directions at them on their sat navs.
Flash Gordon, a movie of the 1980s, had this energetic and garrulous leader of the Hawkmen as Vultan.
"My friend Ken Branagh gave me a laptop the other day, saying he wanted to get me finally into the twentieth century. I don't know how to use a sat nav, but it sounds very good fun”, he said.
The Shakespearean actor is said to have graced the stage for almost 40 years and now you all will see him fit in your cars.
The actor has not gained fame just because of his role as Flash Gordon. Many of his hit films include Claudius and Long John Silver in Treasure Island and Augustus in I.
The deal with TomTom was followed by a Facebook page campaign by one of his fans, Richard Gardner, saying that he wanted him to give a voiceover for his sat nav.
Having attracted a few members, Mr. Gardner then hit a deal with TomTom. The Company is known for adding some kind of humor to the monotonous lives of the drivers.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki