Lady Gaga has here again set a new trend among the teenage girls who are seeking to wear anime-like circular contact lenses, which the popular singer wore in her latest video “Bad Romance”.
The trend is being highly appreciated by the youngsters, while the oldies would not find it good, say the critics.
The trend reminds the viewers of the cartoon features, which had sparkling, different-shaped eyes.
The Ophthalmologists have alarmed that these circular lenses are being purchased online from Asia, and that they can harm the eyes of those wearing them, and could even leading to blindness.
The trendy lenses are bigger in size than the regular ones and they cover the portion away from the iris i.e., a lot of the white area in the eye.
The lenses appear to be essentially big and fake.
The lenses have been associated with names like Anime and Manga, as they appear similar to the eyes of these cartoon characters.
These lenses have been recognized to be illegal across the US. However, the teens are purchasing them online.
CBS Medical Correspondent, Dr. Jennifer Ashton said, “People who buy lenses without a consultation from an eye doctor put themselves at risk of serious bacterial infection”.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki