After one of its operations went wrong, Mercury Energy is trying to control the uncomfortable situation that has arisen due to this. One of the Companies sales operations seriously went wrong in Dunedin.
It had wrongly offered huge discounts to its customers. After it discovered the mistake, the Company was trying for cover up these mistakes.
In its sales operation, the Company contacted more than 400 businesses and these Companies are now pushing Mercury to honor its promises. The Company is trying hard to reach a compromise with these organizations.
Mercury offered almost 30% discount to its customers and this amounted to nearly $20,000. It soon discovered its mistake and admitted that it had committed an error.
These deals were offered to almost 410 businesses in the city of Dunedin. Mercury is now trying to renegotiate these deals but some businesses claim that these contracts are legally binding and will be enforced.
The mistake was made by Mercury’s call canter employees who confused Dunedin with Dannevirke. The Company claims that it was a big mistake and it is trying to rectify its mistakes.
Mercury is now offering a discount of 15% to its customers and trying to remedy the whole situation. It maintains that it will be present until it resolves all the problems.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki