Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation is organizing its Telus walk to cure diabetes, at Riverfront Park in Downtown Moncton, tomorrow.
Five years old Conrad is the brand ambassador for the walk. Conrad Allen was detected with Type 1 diabetes, when he was only three years old, in December 2008. Conrad is taking part in this walk for the second time.
The Moncton walk collected the funds of $250,000 in the year 2009.
Conrad has a team named after him and he has 20 participants in his team."All of his friends and family have his name printed on the back of their team T-shirts”, says his mother, Wanda.
Last year, when Allen participated for the first time in the walk, he exceeded his goal of $1,000 with his team, in fact the team reached at $ 5,300. His parents were not reluctant to connect with a charity performance, as they were ready to do anything for their kid.
Aiden Christopher is another youth ambassador for tomorrow’s walk. Aiden aims to raise $1,500 fund for the walk. Aiden is also participating for the second time in Telus walk. Aiden is a student in the Hillsborough Elementary School; he started the fundraising for the event in April.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki