The Age Newspaper has reported that famous East India Company is going to launch its first flagship store. The launch is scheduled for Mayfair in Conduit Street, London, next week.
Sanjiv Mehta, 48 is the Owner and Chief Executive of the, 400-year old brand. He is the first Indian owner of the Company. Sanjiv Mehta had bought out approximately 40 British owners, to become the sole owner of the business in the year 2005. He spent an amount of £10 million to fulfill his dream. Mehta had begun his career as a diamond trader.
The brand will recognize the Company’s past with the sale of tea, coffees, spices, condiments, chocolates, jams, wines and hampers. Mehta also, plans to launch few products such as drinks, furniture and jewelry in the future.
Mehta said that more outlets of the Company would be opened in Middle East, Japan, Russia, the U. S and India. All the stores, though modern, would have a feeling of past history and the brand of East India.
East India Company was the world’s first multinational Company and it employed a third of the British workforce. The Company was earlier dissolved in 1874. To pay it a tribute then, The Times wrote "It accomplished a work such as in the whole history of the human race no other Company ever attempted and as such is likely to attempt in the years to come".
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki