It has appeared that a blame of buying cheap feed at the expense of New Zealand farmers and the environment is being put on Fonterra.
Greenpeace has declared that a quarter of the world's palm oil based animal feed was imported by the diary giant feed for New Zealand cows last year.
The total amount for this comes to 1.1 million tonnes of the kernels.
The group further said that in order to produce the cheap vegetable oil, rainforests in Indonesia and Malaysia were cleared.
According to Greenpeace spokesman Simon Boxer, this has come as a slap on the face of New Zealand grain growers.
Mr. Boxer has instructed Fonterra to stop there illegitimate activities and if in case the dairy gaint does not stop, then the government would be called in to solve the matter.
Good News USA
- AT&T closes its $1.2 billion acquisition of Leap Wireless
- Verizon announces new AllSet prepaid plans with rollover feature
- AT&T selects two trial locations to transition landline customers away from copper wire line
- Vodafone Foundation launches Instant Network Mini ‘mobile network in a backpack’
- Brunswick and South Morang phone and Internet users being urged to switch to NBN