As per the media reports, New Zealand's Prime Minister, John Key feels that only a few days as minister might be left for Rodney Hide.
In a few days, the cabinet will receive a case from the ACT leader, where he will highlight as to why he wants to step down from his role as a minister, if Maori acquires a seat on Auckland's super city council.
It will be after this that a final decision will be made, and if in case it goes against Mr Hide; then it will be his last cabinet meeting as minister.
It was expressed by Mr. Key that he respects the position held by Mr. Hide and this kind of thing can even happen with MMP governments.
Mr. Key said: "He's effectively said he'd resign as minister of local government and from there on in it would be up to me as Prime Minister to determine. But let's cross that bridge if we ever come to it."
Though the decision will not affect the Government; however, Mr. Hide's ego will definitely be hurt if he loses and resigns.
Good News USA
- Verizon announces new AllSet prepaid plans with rollover feature
- AT&T selects two trial locations to transition landline customers away from copper wire line
- Vodafone Foundation launches Instant Network Mini ‘mobile network in a backpack’
- Brunswick and South Morang phone and Internet users being urged to switch to NBN
- BT gets CAT to review its 2012 decision on BSkyB’s sports pricing policy