The new slogan of Haier "Get in, stay in, take over" represents the idea of being a leader and is not associated with the term takeover, stated the Haier's Asia Pacific President Phillip Carmichael.
It was stated by Mr. Carmichael that there also prevailed a possibility that Haier buys the Fisher and Paykel products and many other such opportunities.
It was also informed that Haier wanted to enter the higher markets gradually but nothing as such was made clear regarding the possibility of competitive conflicts between the two.
There have been reports that Haier intends to make its presence felt with more products in New Zealand, this year.
Earlier, in May last year, Haier purchased 20% stake in Fisher and Paykel Appliances (FPA) by means of rights issue at cost of NZ$82 Million.
Following this, it has been reportedly said that Haier and FPA planned to share distribution and servicing networks in their countries. Both the Companies have been preparing strategy for New Zealand, Australia and China so that direct competition can be tackled.
There are also predictions that FPA can take up the Haier dishwashers or fridges that were made in China and for selling them in the Australian and New Zealand's markets, just putting up the logo of and FPA.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki