With the objective of offering an 'all-in-one' solution to its customers, Telstra Consumer is partnering with Acer Computing to bring three laptops embedded with its Next G wireless broadband - the 14" Aspire 4810T Timeline Notebook and two Aspire One 10" Netbooks.
The most hyped feature of the new laptops is their 'straight out of the box' internet usage, sans the need for either a wireless USB device or connecting to ADSL via cables. Featuring Telstra's MyPlace application, the devices offer a well-guided assistance on set-up, connection as well as access to Telstra and BigPond services, including search, email, news, and maps.
Elaborating on this chief marketing point, Glenice Maclellan - Executive Director of Telstra - said that the devices are "embedded with a Next G wireless broadband modem and WIFI for ease when accessing the Internet at home or on the go. Telstra worked with Acer to make sure once a customer has purchased an embedded laptop it was simple and quick to connect to the Internet. They're able to leave a participating T[Life] store with their device set up, allowing them to start surfing the Internet straight away."
Though initially the laptops will be available from select T[life] stores in Australia, customers are hopeful that Telstra will likely expand the purchase points of the devices to the rest of the channel in the months to come.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki