A free online marriage records search service has been launched by the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports, so that the individuals are able to search for the marital status of a prospective spouse.
This service will be available to other organizations as well, who want to search for such information.
Any individual having a Singpass can conduct an online search, but free searches are limited to two per person over a one year period. According to MCYS, this cap will help to prevent frivolous searches and will providing better convenience to the parties who are really interested to get married.
Earlier, an individual could make a hunt or inspection at the Register of Muslim marriages or Register of Civil marriages. He or she used to get a certified hardcopy of the search outcome by paying a sum of $35.
Presently, the search service does not provide the certified hardcopy of the search outcome, but only provides the option of an online search. The online service can be accessed by the public by logging onto Registry of Marriages website.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki