Burger King has revealed that it wants to introduce brunch to the local drive through.
It has been reported that the fast-food chain is testing brunch fare in Massachusetts and Florida. If the scheme succeeds in these places it may even be introduced countrywide.
According to sources, the menu for brunch will include a breakfast sandwich of eggs, cheese, tomato, ham, bacon and smoky tomato sauce, which will be served on Ciabatta bread, Whoppers, and the BK Mimosa. Mimosa is a nonalcoholic version of the cocktail. The traditional champagne will be substituted by Sprite.
This change is representative of a daring reinvention of Burger King's breakfast menu. This menu comes in hostile competition with McDonald's.
John Schaufelberger, Burger King's Senior Vice President of Global Product Marketing and Innovation, has impressed upon the fact that the idea of brunch is still in its testing phase. However, the company has seen rising popularity in the trend over the years.
He evinces, "[This initiative] allows us to meet strong consumer demand. The idea of Mimosas and brunch go hand in hand, and we thought it would be a clever and unique way to enhance our morning beverage offerings".
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki