Air New Zealand to resume Flights to Majority of Domestic Airports at Alerts Level 2
Air New Zealand will start flights to majority of domestic airports when New Zealand announces alert level 2 regarding coronavirus pandemic. During the initial period, Air NZ will operate only 20 percent of its capacity on domestic routes.
Due to social distancing norms, Air NZ will be booking less number of passengers on its flights and this will increase the fares on the routes. The airline informed about the cities it will connect during the initial phase of resuming of services. These cities include Queenstown, Invercargill, New Plymouth, Hamilton, Blenheim, Rotorua, Gisborne, Palmerston Norh, Whangārei and Kerikeri.
Talking about Air NZ plans, CEO Greg Foran said, “We've been keen to start domestic air services as soon as practicably possible to support New Zealand's economic recovery and connect family, friends and businesses. But the ramp up to higher frequencies will be a slow journey and even when we come out of alert level 1, all of our domestic destinations will see fewer flights and reduced frequencies.”
Air NZ will cut 300 jobs for pilots due to COVID-19 pandemic. Remaining 900 pilots will face 30 percent cut in their salary.
As per the official flying schedule, Air New Zealand will have flights to the following destinations.
Auckland to/from: Christchurch, Gisborne, Kerikeri, Napier, Nelson, New Plymouth, Palmerston North, Tauranga, Wellington, Whangarei and Queenstown.
Christchurch to/from: Dunedin, Invercargill, Nelson, Palmerston North, Wellington and Queenstown.
Wellington to/from: Blenheim, Gisborne, Hamilton, Napier, Nelson, New Plymouth, Rotorua and Tauranga.
- Del Lago Casino’s furloughed worker creates petition to reopen as operator planning to lay off over 1,000 staff
- Oklahoma will have to bear cost of poorly negotiated gaming compact deal with Native American tribes: Governor Stitt
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries