One man arrested following reports of shooting in Napier
Police officials have arrested one man after reports emerged of a shooting incidence at a property located on McGrath Street in Napier.
The incidence occurred on one side of the McGrath Street where a man was seen with blood on his face and a bandage round his head. Officials confirmed that a man was shot and a firearm was present. Neighbours had noted yelling and a "big drama" coming from the house on Monday before the police arrived at the scene.
A neighbour had noticed a man arriving at the property on Monday holding a gun and around half an hour later, she heard a loud voice after which the police arrived at the scene. An ambulance was also called to the scene, according to a St John ambulance spokesman. Cordons had been lifted on the street after 4 pm but police officials remained on the scene.
A police official said, "A victim is receiving medical treatment in hospital and it is unknown at this stage how these injuries were sustained. Police are at the scene and the people involved are in custody."
Meanwhile, one man, believed to be the driver of a white 4WD, was arrested in the Napier South neighbourhood.
- Nikola Motors puts hydrogen fuel-cell semi truck Badger project on back burner
- BMW expands vehicle recall over battery issue to more than 4,500 U.S. plug-in hybrids
- Karma Automotive announces attractive price tag & unique features for upcoming GSe-6 electric sedan
- Twin River acquires iconic Bally’s brand from Caesars Entertainment for $20 million
- Wynn Resorts’ Encore to close for 3 days a week due to low demand