Air New Zealand’s New Flight to Vietnam Reaches Ho Chi Minh City’s Tan Son Nhat International Airport
The inaugural flight of Air New Zealand to Vietnam touched Ho Chi Minh City from Auckland.
The Flight NZ269 departed from the Auckland International Airport at 12:45pm and arrived at Ho Chi Minh City's Tan Son Nhat International Airport on Saturday, at about 8pm.
The Boeing 767-300 aircraft will be a thrice weekly service on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Passengers on the inaugural flight included dignitaries like Hon. Steven Joyce, New Zealand's Minister of Economic Development and Vietnamese Ambassador to New Zealand HE Mr Viet Dung Nguyen. Cam Wallace, the Chief Sales and Commercial Officer of Air New Zealand were also on the flight and said, the new destination increases the count of the airlines international destinations to thirty.
When the flight arrived, the passengers were welcomed with a traditional performance of kapa haka.
Wallace said, "This new service is a further expansion of our presence in South East Asia and our strategic focus on the Pacific Rim. We're very excited to be able to offer our customers the first direct air link between New Zealand and Vietnam which will operate on a seasonal basis three times per week from now through until the end of October."
In last one year, approximately 16,000 travelers from New Zealand have travelled to Vietnam which is a twenty percent increase compared to the previous year.
The non-stop flight takes eleven hours to travel to Ho Chi Minh City.
- Del Lago Casino’s furloughed worker creates petition to reopen as operator planning to lay off over 1,000 staff
- Oklahoma will have to bear cost of poorly negotiated gaming compact deal with Native American tribes: Governor Stitt
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries