Virgin Atlantic’s 747-400 series Jumbo Jet Lady Penelope Up for Sale
Lady Penelope which has served Virgin Atlantic's fleet for twenty five years is up for sale on eBay. The 747-400 series jumbo jet which joined the airline in 1994 could be bought for about $US299, 000, at least that is the one bid which the aircraft has.
The plane is stationed at the Arizona airplane graveyard since the time it made its last commercial flight from JFK to Heathrow last year in September.
Although there is only one bid for Lady Penelope but the number of visitors on the page are a huge 2000 views every hour.
The Boeing 747 jumbo jet has its engines removed but otherwise is in one piece with its three hundred and fifty seats and the "flying lady" logo intact on the tail.
Concord Aerospace is the seller and apologized for delayed responses due to the "extreme high demand".
Whoever buys it would have to pay for shipping if they want it delivered because it's not included in the price. The retired aircraft cannot re-enter service but holds other options for the buyer who can convert it into a hotel accommodation, restaurant or even a unique apartment for living.
- Nikola Motors puts hydrogen fuel-cell semi truck Badger project on back burner
- BMW expands vehicle recall over battery issue to more than 4,500 U.S. plug-in hybrids
- Karma Automotive announces attractive price tag & unique features for upcoming GSe-6 electric sedan
- Twin River acquires iconic Bally’s brand from Caesars Entertainment for $20 million
- Wynn Resorts’ Encore to close for 3 days a week due to low demand