Amazon Will Offer Same-Day Delivery for Prime Members in Bronx and Chicago South Side
Recently Amazon was criticized by elected representatives of Chicago that the retailer unfairly left out some of the cities minority communities from its same day delivery service.
Now, Amazon. com Inc. says it is expanding its reach and will offer free same-day delivery to the Bronx, New York and South Side of Chicago. According to the online retail giant, it is expanding its same-day free delivery service in at least three cities.
A Bloomberg News analysis also pointed out that Amazon delivery had racial disparities in areas where the company offers its service in cities like New York, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Boston and Washington.
Last year, Amazon began offering its free same-day service for the Amazon Prime members. It costs $99 a year for the customers. Right now the service is available in twenty seven metropolitan areas. According to the company, the service boundaries were largely determined by number of Prime members living in each area and closeness to the storage warehouses. It also depended on the delivery partners available for the company to serve the area.
U. S. Representative Bobby Rush, an Illinois Democrat said, "I am pleased to see that Amazon. com and its CEO, Jeff Bezos, are doing the right thing and serving all residents of the City of Chicago. As I said on the floor of the U. S. House of Representatives last week, 'Black Americans' dollars are just as green as any other Americans' dollars,' and I am glad that Amazon. com recognizes that."
- LG Chem to supply battery cells for Tesla’s Model Y electric SUV in China
- GiG extends sports-betting partnership with North Macedonia casino operator KAK DOO Skopje
- Payment Options for Indian Bettors on Online Casinos Operating in India
- Ohio’s Mahoning Valley Race Course cancels live horse racing for 2 weeks after employee tests positive for Covid-19
- Arcimoto creates new Roadster model by chopping top off 3-wheeled e-car’s top