Apple Inc Building Home Away from Home in Austin Creating More Jobs
There is something new that Apple Inc. is building and it's a new campus in Austin, Texas. The American multinational technology company which is headquartered in Cupertino, California is transforming a thirty eight acre wooded plot to build its largest global operation that will be located outside the Silicon Valley.
Apple has vowed to create additional 3,600 new jobs along with continuing about 3,100 jobs which already exist. It will also receive $35 million as tax incentives from the city, county and the state for its expansion in Austin.
In case Apple is successful in reaching the hiring figures it aims to then it will become the second-largest technology employer in Central Texas only after Dell Inc. Dell, which is a Round Rock, Texas based company employing approximately 14,000 local workers.
Apple also intends spending $282 million for constructing new buildings as well as equipment in Austin in about ten years time.
The Austin campus which is scheduled to be completed in the coming year will permit Apple to boast of 1.1 million square feet space which includes a gym, restaurants and also a wellness center. The new campus will be responsible for managing the business operations of the company in the Western Hemisphere.
- BMW expands vehicle recall over battery issue to more than 4,500 U.S. plug-in hybrids
- Karma Automotive announces attractive price tag & unique features for upcoming GSe-6 electric sedan
- Twin River acquires iconic Bally’s brand from Caesars Entertainment for $20 million
- Wynn Resorts’ Encore to close for 3 days a week due to low demand
- Hyundai expands Kona EV recall plan to cover North American, European markets