HardieTex Class Action Gain Momentum as More Leaky Home Owners Contact Law Firm
Law firm Parker and Associates filed high court proceedings against James Hardie on 10 August, on behalf of a leaky home owner couple of Wellington, Tracey Cridge and Mark Unwin. They claim that HardieTex installed in their home is the root of leaky problem.
Parker and Associates also called on other home owners who have faced similar problem to join the action. Earlier the law firm said that the leaky building owners are required to take action quickly as before 31 December as after that there will be a bar on claims that are based on acts or omissions which happened fifteen years back.
According to partner Dan Parker more than seventy property owners contacted within a week's time after the case went public.
He said, "There has been a very positive response to the Cladding Action which demonstrates that there is a real need out there."
The claim says that there was negligence on James Hardie's part as far as the design and manufacturing of HardieTex in concerned.
However, the manufacturer denied any of the allegations and said that signaled that it will be defended "vigorously."
- LG Chem to supply battery cells for Tesla’s Model Y electric SUV in China
- GiG extends sports-betting partnership with North Macedonia casino operator KAK DOO Skopje
- Payment Options for Indian Bettors on Online Casinos Operating in India
- Ohio’s Mahoning Valley Race Course cancels live horse racing for 2 weeks after employee tests positive for Covid-19
- Arcimoto creates new Roadster model by chopping top off 3-wheeled e-car’s top