Come October and the Name of US Airways Will be History
Another U.S airline's name is about to become history soon, as American Airlines Group Inc. announced the timing of the final shutdown of the US Airways on Friday.
The curtain will be drawn in October and the last US Airways flight will take off from San Francisco at around 10 p.m. for Philadelphia on October 17. Thereafter the website of the US Airways be shut down and the kiosks at the airports will merged with the American Airlines.
In 2013, when the two airlines were merged it was decided that the carriers will continue to operate under its American name. Some memories will remain for a while as all the aircrafts will not be painted immediately with the logo and colour of American.
The last decade has witnessed many small airlines disappearing as mergers with bigger companies have erased names like Northwest, AirTran, Pan Am and Continental.
However, the main challenge that American faces now is to integrate the computer systems of the airlines in a hassle free way bypassing problems which plagued United and Continental when these merged their reservations systems few years back in 2012.
- BMW expands vehicle recall over battery issue to more than 4,500 U.S. plug-in hybrids
- Karma Automotive announces attractive price tag & unique features for upcoming GSe-6 electric sedan
- Twin River acquires iconic Bally’s brand from Caesars Entertainment for $20 million
- Wynn Resorts’ Encore to close for 3 days a week due to low demand
- Hyundai expands Kona EV recall plan to cover North American, European markets