Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO Gets $9.22 Million as Pay
Last year, Tim Cook the CEO of Apple received compensation that was valued at $9.22 million which is greater than double the amount of his pay in 2013. The huge increase in pay was a result of new products of the company which touched the earnings to a record high amount.
Angela Ahrendts, a newly hired retail chief of Apple, who looks after the company's presence in retail and online markets, also earned a huge amount of $73 million in cash and stock combined.
All the executives of the company were handsomely rewarded handsomely as it was a fabulous year for Apple.
Last year the company sold a record number of iPhones and Macbooks earning huge profits. Apple also revealed its plans for the extremely awaited Apple Watch. With Apple Pay, the company also entered the mobile payments business. Though the sale of iPad is on its downward slope, yet, the sales figure of iPhone 6 Plus is doing well and that's surely good news for the company.
The iphone manufacturing company announced that CEO and chairman of J. Crew Group, Mickey Drexler be retiring the board of Apple. He has served as a director in the company from 1999. However, a name was not mentioned for his replacement.
- Nikola Motors puts hydrogen fuel-cell semi truck Badger project on back burner
- BMW expands vehicle recall over battery issue to more than 4,500 U.S. plug-in hybrids
- Karma Automotive announces attractive price tag & unique features for upcoming GSe-6 electric sedan
- Twin River acquires iconic Bally’s brand from Caesars Entertainment for $20 million
- Wynn Resorts’ Encore to close for 3 days a week due to low demand