In an apparent attempt to augment its position in the compact car segment, India's biggest car manufacturer - Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) - is launching its latest compact car, Celerio, next month.
The forthcoming launch of the Maruti Celerio at Delhi Auto Expo on February 6 is a big move by Maruti, as the car features India's first Automated Manual Transmission (AMT). The Celerio's new technology - dubbed EZ Drive - will help Maruti cater to the increasing demand for cars with automatic gear shift at an affordable price.
According to the details shared by MSI, the Celerio will be equipped with a 1.0-liter KB10 petrol engine which has been tuned to produce 67 bhp @ 6,000 rpm and 9.1 kgm @ 3,500 rpm.
Capable of giving a mileage of 23.1 km per litre, the Celerio will come in six petrol variants --- four featuring manual transmission; and two with auto gear shift. The car will be available in seven color options; and will be pre-loaded with a number of attractive features such as alloy-wheels and blue-tooth connectivity across variants.
Noting that, with Celerio, Maruti has worked on addressing three main issues related to automatic transmission cars - high cost, low fuel economy, and maintenance problems -, MSI's chief operating officer (marketing and sales) Mayank Pareek said: "We thought if we could address these issues, we will be addressing a good segment of consumers who are looking for automatic transmission in mass segment."
Good News USA
- Verizon announces new AllSet prepaid plans with rollover feature
- AT&T selects two trial locations to transition landline customers away from copper wire line
- Vodafone Foundation launches Instant Network Mini ‘mobile network in a backpack’
- Brunswick and South Morang phone and Internet users being urged to switch to NBN
- BT gets CAT to review its 2012 decision on BSkyB’s sports pricing policy