Centra Pink Walks Continue to Raise Awareness and Funds for Breast Cancer
Donegal people are quite determined when it comes to contributing their bit for fighting against breast cancer.
This is the reason that they gathered at large number to take part in 11 Centra Pink Walks that was organized to raise funds for the Irish Cancer Society's Action Breast Cancer.
The event, which took place in October, saw more than 600 people from all over the county. A number of Centra stores organized their local walks. It is said that around 200 Centra stores across the nation have organized their local walks and that has helped in raising €225,000 for the charity.
For the past three years, Centra have taken part in raising funds for the Irish Cancer Society's Action Breast Cancer. It was their fourth year and in past three years, they have been able to raise more than €1 million.
Martin Kelleher, Managing Director of Centra, was of the opinion, "The Centra Pink Walks continue to go from strength to strength. With the number of walks doubling this year and the fundraising amount continuing to increase".
It has been found that the Irish Cancer Society's Action Breast Cancer is able to reach more than 25,000 women who are concerned about breast cancer and breast health and that too every year.
- LG Chem to supply battery cells for Tesla’s Model Y electric SUV in China
- GiG extends sports-betting partnership with North Macedonia casino operator KAK DOO Skopje
- Payment Options for Indian Bettors on Online Casinos Operating in India
- Ohio’s Mahoning Valley Race Course cancels live horse racing for 2 weeks after employee tests positive for Covid-19
- Arcimoto creates new Roadster model by chopping top off 3-wheeled e-car’s top