The economic improvement in the United States is speeding up as the economy witnesses the biggest increase in employment opportunities noticed in three years. According to the US Labor Department, about 162,000 jobs were created last month which is the highest number for almost three years.
Inspite of such an increase, the unemployment in the US remains at 9.7% for the third month consecutively, as more Americans got employed last month thus preventing the increase in jobs from reducing the unemployment rate.
A factory which makes parts for lithium batteries in Charlotte, North Carolina plans to create about 300 jobs. U. S. President Barack Obama spent some time at the factory
He said, "We learned that the economy actually produced a substantial number of jobs instead of losing a substantial number of jobs. We are beginning to turn the corner". He shared that the country is going through a traumatic time.
About 15 million Americans are out of work. But some analysts opine that the US's economic recovery is well underway.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki