In a Tuesday announcement, Vector Arena - the organizer of New Zealand's first Digital Entertainment Expo DIGITAL NATIONZ - revealed that Kin Dotcom will play the `Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3' game against the expo attendees in the name of charity.
According to Vector Arena, Dotcom - who formerly held the top-ranking position worldwide in `Modern Warfare 3' - will battle 100 DIGITAL NATIONZ attendees in 100 games of `Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3' on September 29.
Revealing that Dotcom has committed to 100 one-on-one `Modern Warfare 3' games at the expo, Vector Arena said that while 75 of the games will be played by Dotcom against members of the public; 25 games will be against celebrities.
The celebrities who will play `Modern Warfare 3' against Dotcom will include David Farrier from TV3; Nick D from George FM; TVNZ U producer Matt Gibb; Epic Games animator Jay Hosfelt; Shortland Street actor Pua Magasiva; Crytek producer Michael Read; and Naughty Dog designer Benson Russell.
About the `Modern Warfare 3' battle at the DIGITAL NATIONZ expo on September 29, Dotcom said that he will donate NZ$100 to charity for each celebrity he defeats; and added: "This is something completely new for me that I haven't done before. I can't wait to see the calibre of MW3 players New Zealand has to offer, then play them and hopefully beat them."
Good News USA
- AT&T closes its $1.2 billion acquisition of Leap Wireless
- Verizon announces new AllSet prepaid plans with rollover feature
- AT&T selects two trial locations to transition landline customers away from copper wire line
- Vodafone Foundation launches Instant Network Mini ‘mobile network in a backpack’
- Brunswick and South Morang phone and Internet users being urged to switch to NBN