Hole in Fire Extinguisher Leads to Fire in Queenstown’s Commercial Kitchen
The fire that began abruptly with an erroneously filled deep-vat fat fryer in the Fat Badgers Pizzeria kitchen could not be stopped by any means due to a chain of mistakes.
A recent report has uncovered that the restaurant could hardly be prevented from being consumed by the fire. Also, the fire that erupted in May continued to move upstairs to World Bar in central Queenstown.
It is being suspected that a hole in a fume extraction system was responsible for the spread of the flames to World Bar. The aperture was probably left by builders.
However, Stu Ide, fire risk management officer, said the fire had occurred accidentally. But, he added that the fire amongst a number of other vat fires in the area was, seemingly, preventable. It could be extinguished with the usage of the right equipment.
The report said the fire that broke out after two weeks destroyed Fitzpatrick's Irish Pub's kitchen in Wanaka had similar reasons. Vat fires are one of the main causes of commercial kitchen fires in Central Otago and Queenstown Lakes.
"What is the concern is that people are trying to put the fire out with a lack of how to do it and the incorrect fire extinguisher to do it", stated Mr. Ide.
- Leading investment bank ‘unsure’ about upcoming Resorts World Las Vegas Casino’s success
- California Supreme Court ruling paves way for tribal casino near Madera
- Drew Las Vegas Casino arsonist sentenced to five years in federal prison
- Months-long Casino closures could impact New York State’s schools, cities with budget crisis
- More Younger People visiting Atlantic City Casinos during Covid-19 pandemic