Hyundai developing compact sedan based on Grand i10; compact SUV also in works
After having recently launched its new `Grand i10' small car, leading Korean automaker Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) has revealed in a recent announcement that it is developing a compact sedan based on the Grand i10.
Disclosing that the under-development compact sedan will be launched in April next year, HMIL said that the vehicle will chiefly take on cars such as Swift Dzire - which is Maruti's long-time bestseller - and the Amaze, which is Honda's recent hit.
Announcing HMIL's plans pertaining to a forthcoming compact sedan, the company's senior executive director Cha Rukh Han said: "We are developing a compact sedan based on the Grand i10." Han said that the compact sedan will be "launched by March-April next."
The revelation that HMIL is working on a compact sedan is noteworthy, especially in the light of the fact that the automaker does not have any vehicle in the entry-level sedan segment, after its Accent was phased out earlier this year.
Moreover, in addition to the disclosure about HMIL's plans to launch a Grand i10-based compact sedan, Han said that the automaker also has a compact SUV in the works. According to the information shared by Han, the compact SUV will compete with vehicles like Renault Duster and Ford EcoSport.
- Leading investment bank ‘unsure’ about upcoming Resorts World Las Vegas Casino’s success
- California Supreme Court ruling paves way for tribal casino near Madera
- Drew Las Vegas Casino arsonist sentenced to five years in federal prison
- Months-long Casino closures could impact New York State’s schools, cities with budget crisis
- More Younger People visiting Atlantic City Casinos during Covid-19 pandemic