Oprah Winfrey encounters racism: told she couldn’t afford a $38,000 bag at a posh boutique in Switzerland
One would think that people have become more aware and have moved above racial discrimination and certainly one would not expect one of the most powerful and famous celebrities in the world to encounter such an experience. but the inevitable happened and on the receiving end was none other than the world renowned Oprah Winfrey.
The star revealed that on her recent holiday to Switzerland he encountered racism while she was out shopping. The shop in question was the posh Trois Pommes boutique and the billionaire was in the country for Tina Turner’s wedding last month and she stopped at the boutique and asked the clerk at the store to show her a Tom Ford bag worth $38,000 to which the clerk at the store responded, “No, it’s too expensive.
” Recounting the experience to Entertainment Tonight Oprah said the clerk replied, “No, no, no you want to see this one because that one will cost too much. You won’t be able to afford that one.’” “She refused to get it ... she said, ‘I don’t want to hurt your feelings,’ and I said, ‘Okay, thank you so much, you’re probably right I can’t afford it.' Now why does she do that?” 59 year old Oprah Winfrey who according to Forbes earned $77 million between June 2012 and June 2013, left the store without making a scene but the Swiss government have had to handle the repercussions and the country’s national tourist office issued a public apology to the celeb.
- LG Chem to supply battery cells for Tesla’s Model Y electric SUV in China
- GiG extends sports-betting partnership with North Macedonia casino operator KAK DOO Skopje
- Payment Options for Indian Bettors on Online Casinos Operating in India
- Ohio’s Mahoning Valley Race Course cancels live horse racing for 2 weeks after employee tests positive for Covid-19
- Arcimoto creates new Roadster model by chopping top off 3-wheeled e-car’s top