Published in Personality and Individual Differences, a study conducted by researchers at University of Western Sydney has claimed that people with a habit of staying up till late night have more odds of showing anti-social characteristics.
Tendency of more than 250 people to be a morning- or evening-type individual was analyzed by the team. The aim was to find out if they had a link to `Dark Triad' of personality traits. It was noted that more anti-social tendencies were shown by those who were awake during twilight hours. In comparison to them, their early-bed counterparts had lower chances of showing these traits.
The anti-social personality traits may include Machiavellianism, psychopathic and narcissism tendencies. As per the findings, people with such traits are akin to the creatures of night such as scorpions and lions.
It has been affirmed by Dr. Peter Jonason that there might be some evolutionary basis for the association shared by preference of remaining awake late at night and anti-social behaviour.
"For people pursuing a fast life strategy like that embodied by the Dark Triad traits, it's better to exploit a lowlight environment where others are sleeping and have diminished cognitive functioning", said Dr. Jonason at the UWS School of Social Sciences and Psychology.
Good News USA
- AT&T closes its $1.2 billion acquisition of Leap Wireless
- Verizon announces new AllSet prepaid plans with rollover feature
- AT&T selects two trial locations to transition landline customers away from copper wire line
- Vodafone Foundation launches Instant Network Mini ‘mobile network in a backpack’
- Brunswick and South Morang phone and Internet users being urged to switch to NBN